Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Day of School and a Poem for SWB

Okay so my day went like this:
[CAUTION: not terribly interesting at all]

8:20am (phone checked for accuracy)- Phone Call from my neighbor asking if I was ready yet for our 9am class and which bus we would be taking to said 9am class. To which I responded, that OF COURSE I was ready as I tumbled out of bed into the clothes I had thankfully laid out the night before, and that It'd prolly be best to take the 8:40 bus.

8:25am- Dove into clothing and shuffled bleary eyed into the bathroom.

8:30am- Looked around kitchen to determine there wasn't enough time to eat cereal and snagged half a cookie from under the microwave (Hey, I'm a girl who knows how to start a new year off right).

8:32am- Attempted to tie my purple converse over my new, mismatched Costco socks while holding the half eaten half cookie in my mouth.

8:35am- Met my neighbor and together darted through the parking lot and across the street to mingle with students in various other states of alertness as we waited for the bus to take us away.

8:40-8:52am- Crowded bus ride. Girl fell of bike next to intersection. Had a lot of fun listening to the bus radio fantasizing about becoming a 10-4 talking bus driver.

8:52-10:20am- Found a friend of ours also in our Food science class, sat with her and decided that her fake nails were the source of her power a la Samson and his hair.

10:something- I took the bus back home and chatted with the gross roommate and stuff, found out the internet wasn't working and was sad.

11:somethingam- Sent a passive aggressive email to our internet company about getting our internet to work and stuff.

11:something-12:something- compulsively checked email hoping for some sign of life from the demonic internet company

12:something- Decided to test the internet "just one more time" I also sang to it in hopes that that would help and MAGICMAGICMAGIC IT WORKED! :D

12:57pm- Texted Giann as I danced around the apartment in SUPEREXCITEMENT

1:00pm- refreshed the internet again just to be for sure for sure. Then Danced some more when it did

1:00pm-2:30pm- I wrestled with the wireless router and beat it into submission granting the glorious Batcave2 internet MAGIC!

2:30ish-2:45ishpm- Biked 1.5 miles to my Children's lit class

3:00-3:10pm- Attempted a Sudoku handed out by some textbook website advertisers

3:10-4:30sih- Sat in Class. Got excited to read 2 books a week for the next 10 weeks. Looked at paintings of children.

4:30ish-4:45ish- Biked home in the HOT HOT HOT sun only to find my bike parking stolen. So I stole someone else's and collapsed onto the couch with some cold water in an attempt to stop melting.

Then I went on the internet and promised to blog my day for ya'll. Since I started typing this a friend stopped by and we attempted to deal with the drama of Chem placement tests, chatted about the inherent creepiness of the Patriot Act, and planned a night of food eating and TV watching to celebrate a successful first day.

Sorry this was so boring... But it's basically how my day was. Aside from a girl falling off her bike, getting the internet to finally work and biking 3 miles it's been pretty average. Which I like. :] ALSO today is my dad's birthday which is exciting and stuff. :]]

Before I sign off I have one last thing to include. I promised my dear SWB that she would get her own poem too. And while it's not quite as long winded as the one I wrote for Pham it stands on it's own, small but powerful. :]
So without further ado:

Natalie Marlo
You smell like fresh baked cookies
When you bake cookies

luff you ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment